Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Futurama: Bender’s Big Score (4½ stars)

A group of disgusting internet scammers take control of Planet Express. When the key to time travel is discovered in an extremely unlikely, and somewhat humiliating place, the scammers use it to take over the world. Fry uses the time code to escape through time and find a way to stop the scammers.

A great parody of a number of great time travel films including the Terminator, but also a terrific story in its own right. I particularly love the concept of self-correcting, paradox-free time travel.

I think this is a stellar start to what will hopefully be a 4 brilliant, full-length epic movie adventures starring all our favorite characters from the hit TV series. 4½ stars

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

My hand was actually shaking when I put this dvd into the player, I was SOOOOO excited to see Futurama back on the screens. i've been living on the comics, listening to Billy, John, Maurice et al in my head doing the voices (yeah, they live in my head now - call me yivo!) but it just isn't the same as seeing the characters running around on screen. I loved this movie. Futurama rocks!