Saturday, April 19, 2008

Decoys 2: Alien Seduction (3 Stars)


I’ve gotta hand it to you, Mr. Tom Berry. You brought the world one of the worst, most derived pieces of trash I’ve ever seen with Decoys. I mean, it’s worse than the films in the same genre made 40 years earlier, like Blood Feast, which was bad then, and worse now. And then you make a movie like Decoys 2: Alien Seduction and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Luke Callahan (Corey Sevier) returns to the cast of characters, including a group of college guys whose mating/dating competition has turned into a deadly game of survival against hot alien babes who can read their minds, become their ultimate fantasy, and impregnate them with their spores. Constance (Kim Poirier), (who is HOT STUFF to be sure), is also back as the alien queen.

The film makes sense. It has a fun cast. The dialogue is fine. The film even got a few genuine laughs from me. The plot isn’t riddled with widows and orphans, and while the movie is still really stupid, it knows it, and plays out in a way that is funny and enjoyable to watch.

After watching this movie, I almost want to take back everything I said about the first film. Almost. But no, it’s still really bad. As much as I hate to say it, eliminating Matt Hastings from the second project was a winning choice. Don’t get me wrong. This movie isn’t brilliant, and it’s certainly nothing personal, but Decoys 2 is not only entertaining the whole way through, but it almost enriches the first film. Almost.

It’s always exciting for me when bad movies are actually good. It makes me eager to see what the next installment is. How about Decoys 3: Alien Orgy! 3 Stars

No comments: