Saturday, August 16, 2008

Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (3½ Stars)

Johnnie Rico, hero from the first movie, returns to the battlefront in an attempt to win a fight against not only more bugs, but alien infiltration at the Federation’s highest ranks.

The special effects, combat, and dialogue are all in par with the rest of the series, which is good. This doesn’t feel like a watered down version of the first film, which was unfortunately the case with Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation.

Further than just cool space action and special effects, Starship Troopers 3: Marauder brings back the satirical essence of the original, this time focusing its sardonic humor on religion.

Well worth watching. Heck, I’d even recommend making a day of it and watching all three if you haven’t already. You know, if there’s nothing (or no one) better to do. It’s good sci-fi. 3½ stars

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

I didn't really like the second installment. I didn't know it lived up to the first movie, however I am interesting in seeing this one. I saw Rico on the cover of the dvd in the rental store and it confused me because I thought 'hey, isn't he in the first movie???'